Monday, September 19, 2011

BFTE COSMETICS MINERAL EYESHADOW SWATCHES (PART 1)

I'm not a big fan of mineral eyeshadows, mainly because it's really messy to work with. I usually press my pigments so it doesn't get all over the place. It's been years since I've used mineral eyeshdaows, but I decided to give it another chance. This time I decided to try out some mineral eyeshadows from Beauty From the Earth since I saw some gorgeous colors on their website.

At the time I bought the mineral eyeshadows, BFTE had their back to school sale. You get 6 sample size jars of any mineral products of your choice for $8. So I went ahead and purchased 24 mineral eyeshadows. All of these are from the Shimmer category. I haven't had much time to play around with these, so I'll just do swatches for now. I'll start off with the first 6 alphabetically.

***Urban Decay Primer Potion was used as a base***
The ones marked with a * are my favorites <3

 (Left - Right) 
Appletini, Bliss, Canyon, Caribbean, Chenille, & Cocoa

*Appletini

 *Bliss

 Canyon

 Caribbean

 *Chenille

*Cocoa

After a few minutes, I realized my arm started to itch and sting a little. Then I looked down and saw this:

I have really sensitive skin and I'm allergic to many things, so I'm not sure if the irritation is from the mineral eyeshadow Chenille or something else. But I'll be checking again to see if it is from the eyeshadow so I could toss it out if it is from it. This is why we always need to test out products before we use them, especially on products we put on our face. And if it is from the eyeshadow, thank God I didn't use it or else I would have had some bump on my eyelid.

I'll be back with more swatches, I've got all these to do ;]



If you haven't entered my giveaway yet, click on the banner below ;]
Good luck!

11 comments:

Maryam Maquillage said...

whoaaa those are awesome swatches... sorry about the rash :((( maybe it's a reaction to a particular color, hopefully it doesn't happen with the rest of them...

D.Sadie (D.G.S.Beauty) said...

those swatches look amazing

Pammy said...

Those are gorgeous colours! Too bad something gave you rashes.

SAHAR said...

pretty swatches...

i would love if u follow
http://saharawans.blogspot.com/

Karen Law said...

Those are great swatches Kristel! I hope you don't have an allergic reaction to the mineral eyeshadows :S It looks like a mosquito bite....but you'll just have to keep an eye out when you do the next batch of swatches or at least swatch the Chenille shade again.

тainтed мeмories. said...

those are rally pretty colours. might keep this in my goodie bag =3

Qur butt said...

Lovely Colours!!!

.::: Princess MOMOY :::. said...

urmmm...never see this brand at my country

the color so so so gojes
love the sparkling (pigmentation)
love the clear packiging
easy to measure sun off the eyeshadow yea =)

sorry my english. im not good in english.
since english is our second language in Malaysia

Eden-Avalon said...

My skin is crazy sensitive (I have dermographia/dermatographia) so I feel your pain. <3 Hope it all works out.

Anonymous said...

The swatches are all really pretty~

Hopefully it wasn't the e/s that gave you that reaction. Hope it gets better soon hun.

simplychicxox said...

omg, those colors are amazzing! Love them!

followed you, follow back?? :)

simplychicxox.blogspot.com